Yes, our free subscription contains all functionality necessary to enable a fully compliant consent solution.
The difference between the Free and the Premium subscription lies in
- The restrictions on the Free subscription: A single domain with fewer then 50 subpages and
- The Free plan supports only one legislations where the Premium subscription allows you to support multiple legislations on the same website.
- Other limited functionality see below:
- Add your logo to the banner: As one of the styling options, you can easily add your own logo to the cookie consent banner (drag-and-drop or upload a file) (no logo can be added to the free subscription).
- Styling the banner: Choose between 2 predefined color schemes or a custom color scheme. This allows you to easily adjust the colors of the cookie consent banner's backgrounds, text, buttons, button texts and borders. You can choose a color you like from the color palette or enter a HEX code (standard color scheme available in the free subscription).
- Multiple languages: Allows you to have multiple language versions of the cookie consent banner. This gives you the option to show e.g. French website users the banner in French while showing it in English to all other visitors. Standard texts in 40+ languages are included and you may add content in any other language you prefer (multiple languages and auto-detection of language is not included in the free subscription).
- Geo targeting: Allows you to display the cookie consent banner and ask for consent only from visitors from the EU and/or from visitors from specific individual countries (not included in the free subscription).
- Multiple domain groups: Allows you to add different groupings of websites with shared Cookie consent banner functionality and styling. Also allows multiple Cookiebot configurations on the same domain. Required for simultaneous CCPA and GDPR + ePR compliance on the same website.
- Custom cookie declaration: This allows you to change the look/styling as well as the different elements of the Cookie Declaration by using the Cookie Declaration 'custom template' (standard Cookie Declaration template available in the free version).
- Test domains: Lets you test Cookiebot on non-production domains (development, test and staging domains) as well as on local servers (not included in free subscription).
- Multiple domains: You can add and handle all of your domains and subdomains from one joint account (free subscription is for one domain only).
- Cross-domain Consent Sharing: Allows you to ask your website users for one joint consent valid for all your domains and subdomains. More information about Cross-domain Consent Sharing here: Cross-domain Consent Sharing (not included in free subscription).
- Monthly scan report sent to multiple email recipients: You can add several recipients - for example relevant colleagues in your organization - who should receive the monthly scan reports by email. For each recipient, you can set what language they should receive the report in (English, Danish, German, French, Italian and Spanish available) (only the Cookiebot account owner will receive the scan report by email in the free subscription).
- Consent statistics: Provides you with data about how many of your website users opt in to the different cookie categories and how many opt out. The data can be filtered for your different domains and for different time periods (not included in free subscription). Please note that the consent log (which is required under GDPR) is available in both the free and the premium subscription and is not related to the consent statics although the two can be found on the same page ('User consents') when you are logged into your Cookiebot account.