Select your interface:
You are currently viewing instructions for the: Manager
If you want to target the collection of consent to visitors from specific countries or regions in the world, Cookiebot CMP can in real-time determine which country the individual user comes from, and display the consent banner only to visitors from the selected countries and regions.
For all other visitors your website will function unchanged.
- What regions are available?
- How to set the banner to display only to certain users?
- How we determine where a user is located?
What regions are available?
In our Premium plan, you can easily select the territory for website visitors who will be shown the cookie consent banner and be asked for consent:
- All visitors (default)
- Visitors from the EU only
- Visitors from specific countries and/or regions (Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania). With the possibility to choose sub-regions as well as one or more individual countries under each region.
The following countries are included in the list of EU countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Croatie, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden.
How to set the banner to display only to certain users?
- Log in to your Cookiebot CMP account login link
- Go to the menu point ‘Settings’ and the tab ‘Dialog’.
- At the very bottom you will find the drop-down menu labeled ‘Distribution’.
- Select territory for visitors who will be asked for consent
- Save your settings (blue bar on the left-hand side)
If you have a Free Cookiebot CMP account and would love to add georegions to your consent setup, you can upgrade the account to Premium by doing the following:
- Log in to your account Login link
- Go to 'My account' (top right corner) and choose 'Upgrade to Premium Subscription'
- Follow the instructions and register your payment details. If you would like to know the price of your Premium Cookiebot subscription before upgrading, you can use our quote tool:
- All visitors
- Europe only
To specify a region in which consent needs to be collected you can take the following steps:
- Log into the Admin.
- Select "Configuration" in the left-hand menu.
- On the "Design" tab, expand the "Compliance" section at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- At the bottom you should see a drop down menu labeled "Distribution" from which you can select a region.
The latter five options can be expanded into subregions, which in turn can be expanded into countries / states.
Remember to save your changes by clicking the "Save changes" button in the top right corner when you have selected the region to display the banner in.
How do we determine where a user is located?
We determine a user's location based on their IP address and we use a third-party service IP2Location for this.