Select your interface:
You are currently viewing instructions for the: Manager
- How does the Privacy trigger work
- How to enable/disable the Privacy trigger
- How to change the position of the Privacy trigger
- How to change the colors of the Privacy trigger
- Override Privacy trigger configuration
The Cookiebot CMP Privacy trigger functions as a shortcut to the users' consent state information on your website. Showing a mini version of the cookie banner, it enables users to easily check or update their consent. This is in line with demands for more transparency and providing users control of their own data, as is required by various privacy legislations such as GDPR.
Key features of the widget include:
- Easier and more intuitive consent
- Seamless integration with our Swift banner design
- Customizable colors, text, and position
- Full mobile responsiveness
- WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) compliance.
How does the Privacy trigger work
Your website users will encounter the cookie banner upon first visiting the website (or every time consent renewal is needed). After providing a consent state via the cookie banner, the Privacy trigger will appear as a small Cookiebot CMP icon. This icon will be present on all pages of your website in a placement of your own choice. Your website users will at any time be able to click this icon, effectively opening a small window that contains the following information;
- Current consent state divided per cookie category:
- 🔒 Necessary (always enabled)
- ✔️ Preferences
- ✔️ Statistics
- ✔️ Marketing
- Date and time of when the current valid consent has been given
- Consent ID (an anonymous, random and encrypted key value, used for proof of consent)
- Option to withdraw consent (only necessary cookies will be allowed from then)
- Option to change consent (recalling the cookie banner)
How to enable/disable the Privacy trigger
The Privacy trigger is not enabled by default on existing domain groups, but activating this is as easy as checking a box in your domain group configuration:
- Open your Cookiebot CMP manager
- Navigate to "Settings" and " Privacy trigger"
- Tick the checkbox
- Save your settings
How to change the position of the Privacy trigger
Find the ideal layout and position of your Privacy trigger, by using our built-in configuration options. Place the Privacy trigger in one of the 4 corners of your website and configure the distance. Remember to save the new settings.
How to change the colors of the Privacy trigger
You can choose between 2 standard themes (dark or white) or customize a color pattern of your own liking, using a custom theme.
When implementing custom colors, it's a good idea to keep the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines about color contrast in mind. Creating a color combination with too low contrast for example, might create an issue with accessibility on your website.
Overriding the Privacy trigger configuration
The Privacy trigger supports a number of script attributes which allows you to customize the placement and distance settings for each individual domain, effectively overriding the domain group settings.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy trigger or are otherwise in need of assistance; feel free to reach out!