Please note that this has been updated 24 May 2018 with the possibility to share part of your reseller administration fee with the customer as a discount.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to provide any volume discounts in combination with the percentages we are offering you as a reseller (20% wholesale discount or 40% administration fee).
Other resellers in a similar situation have made use of some of the following solutions:
- Please see: As a reseller (retail model) can I offer a price discount to my customers? for how to provide a discount to your customers that comes from your reseller administration fee.
- Add the customer as a wholesale customer and then share some of the 20% wholesale discount with the customer. Some resellers invoice at higher prices than our list prices and therefore have some extra margin to distribute to the customer (i.e. the difference between what we charge you, which is list prices minus 20% wholesale discount, and what you yourself normally charge the client).
- Highlight that they will not receive installation help, ongoing support etc. if they sign up directly with us. We do not offer any SLA. Also, for many customers it is important to be able to get help and support in their own language and/or over the phone.
- Sign them up as a retail customer (at our list prices) but offer them some additional service package for free that they will not be able to get from us and which may be more valuable to the customer than any volume discount. You have the 40% administration fee to cover your costs for this.
- For some customers it is valuable to be able to pay by bank transfer to a local bank in their own country. You can offer them this option under the wholesale model.
- As a last resort, you are welcome to submit a list of the customer domains to us. We can then make a bulk quote and let you know directly if we would be able to offer a volume discount if the customer were to sign up directly with us (there is no guarantee of that but we would be happy to look at the joint volume of the customer domains). If we are able to offer a volume discount and if you decide to advice the customer to sign up directly with us, it will seem that you managed to negotiate the discount with us and will provide you some goodwill with the customer that can be valuable in other regards. We understand that this is not making any money for you as a reseller and we leave the option to you as a last resort if it is very important for the customer to be able to get a discount (if they qualify for one) and if you do not want to make use of the wholesale model to give them that discount yourself.
Last updated: 24 May 2018