Cookiebot script not updatingAnswered
Hi Cookiebot Community,
I've been trying out some custom dialog configurations in the web management settings to implement a fully custom banner experience for my site.
I have been making some frequent tweaks and changes and saving then previewing the changes in Google Tag Manager preview mode. This has worked great for the past couple days, but suddenly yesterday afternoon my changes stopped being updated. An example:
1. I am previewing my custom dialog/banner implementation in Google Tag Manager and can see the results.
2. I make a code change to some CSS/JS/HTML in the web interface and hit "Save".
3. I go back to reload my GTM preview and expect to see the changes, but do not.
The problem also happens if I switch back to a default Cookiebot template, save, and reload the GTM preview. I expect to see the default Cookiebot template being pulled down from the servers but it doesn't look like the web interface changes are being pushed up to the server and I'm getting some old version of my dialog scripts and my custom banner shows instead.
I've also tried bypassing GTM and injecting the Cookiebot script directly onto a page of my site, but am running into the same problem.
Could there be a problem with the workflow somewhere here that is preventing the changes from being updated to the server so old content is being passed down?
We were experiencing temporary cache problems on script-updating. These problems have now been resolved and all changes to the configuration should now again take effect immediately.
I am having a similar problem -- my changes are "saving" in the Cookiebot interface, but when I view my page live on the web, I'm not seeing the updated changes. I do see my changes on Cookiebot's end when I click "Preview" in Cookiebot's interface, just not on my live webpage.0
Thanks for sharing your problem too. And yes, similarly for me I can see my changes when I "Preview" in Cookiebot's interface but no changes appear on my site.0
Thanks for reaching out and alerting us to this.
I can confirm that we are momentarily experiencing issues with updated cookie configurations propagating to clients websites. We are working on a solution and hope to have this issue fixed shortly.
My apologies for the inconvenience.0
Hey, I'm on the same boat! Yesterday, I made updates to re-categorized unclassified cookies and those are not updating to our cookie declaration. Thanks for you attention!0
Since yesterday, I have the same problem, the dialog box changes are not taking into account. After your last message, I tried a few minutes ago for the same results, no change on our site. We use GTM.
Thanks for your help.0
Please make sure you use the Save button before checking if updates have taken. You may also go and do a manual save now to refresh the cache.
If you should still be experiencing issues please let me know on which domain you have our script implemented.
Yes i saved the modifications. But now I re-do the same process, modification + saving - and now it is ok.
For my information when you said "go and do a manual save now to refresh the cache" where to do this action ? In the cookiebot console parameters ? If yes what button ?
I'm still having issues. I've made changes to the cookie consent dialog, and I've saved them, but they are still not appearing on my live site. I've tried logging out and back in to Cookiebot. If you need the domain name, is there a way I can send that privately?0
We are also still experiencing this problem. We're using Google Tag Manager. Attempted to refresh the script. Not sure what you mean by "You may also go and do a manual save now to refresh the cache". Any help would be greatly appreciated.0
Thanks for looking into and resolving this. I can confirm all changes are now updating.0
Also confirmed it refreshed. Thank you!0
Hi Cookiebot Team!
I'm faced with the same problem. Our cookiebot table with Unclassified cookies hadn't been updated on website after the changes, but the list of cookies is up to date in the admin panel. Can you please help?0
Thank you for looking through our forum for a solution.
The original issue here was caused by specific caching issues that we're solved asap. If you are experiencing a similar issue, where you see discrepancies between what is in the admin panel and what is listed in the consent banner on your website, there is a few things you could do to fix this.
First make sure that the CBID in your script, on your website, is the correct one. It must match the domain group id found under "Scripts" in the domain group containing your websites domain.
Secondly, try making a change to your banner and save - Any change will do as this will flush the cache and update your script, including the content of the cookie tables.
If neither works, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org (Remove the space in the address ;) )0
Please sign in to leave a comment.