Website Display Issues
I've recently discovered that Cookiebot appears to be blocking some scripts from loading on my website such as certain JS/CSS files until someone clicks the ok button. If I then refresh the page it all loads correctly.
Display issues include but are not limited to the hamburger/mobile menu not opening and the star ratings icons not displaying. I'm pretty sure neither of these items set any cookies, the menu is built into the theme, the star ratings are generated by the YASR plugin (https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/yet-another-stars-rating/) which I'm pretty sure doesn't set any cookies either.
I've tried switching to manual mode and also tried different loading methods for the script none/defer/async etc but none of these things has helped. I've spent a lot of time trying to debug these issues initially believing it was due to the caching plugins I was using. However, after disabling and deleting these plugins and purging the server cache the issue still remained. I eventually determined it was being caused by the Cookiebot plugin.
I would really appreciate your help with this as soon as possible. I'd prefer not to disclose the domain in an open forum so can you please provide a way of contacting you with this information privately.
We are against a tight deadline to get Coookiebot installed so any help would be appreciated.
Hi Andrew and Debbie,
Could you please provide us with a bit more information about your domain name, so we could investigate the issue and help you solve it afterwards instead of guessing since this unusual behavior could be caused from different things.
In case that you do not want to share your domain name here, you could submit a ticket with that information to the support team at https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or contact Cookiebot support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have the same issue. When is add the cookiebot script to my page, the header images don't load and other parts of the website are invisible (like the main navigation). This makes using the cookiebot script impossible. Is there a fix for this issue?
It's a squarespace site, and I follow all the steps to implement. The funny thing is, that until recently, there was no issue and everything loaded well.
same here, the page is unusable with active CB script.
I got two links for you for investigation, both have activated CB script, where one page has the wrong URL (due to being test enviroment in webflow, both are hosted on webflow thou):
https://www.einfach.it <-- broken site with active script
https://einfach-it.webflow.io <-- everything seems to be working fine, but I guess its because of the different URL
I can't leave this up for a long time while being broken, I will have to remove the script soonish, so it would be awesome if you could check it out asap and inform me about it so I can remove the script until the issue is solved.
any news on this topic?
The above described issue could be caused by several things and it would be really difficult to locate the exact problem without seeing the domain in question. You have send us two domains but I cannot see the Cookiebot running on the first one (the cookiebot script is disable/commented), while the second domain is not active (404 - page not found).
Could you please provide us with a bit more information and your domain name, so we could investigate the issue and help you solve it afterwards instead of guessing since this unusual behavior could be caused from different things.
Please submit a ticket with that information to the support team at https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or contact Cookiebot support team at email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.