Marketing Cookies are missing after manual Scan
I got an issue with the cookiebot implementation via GTM.
I followed the implementation guide and and everything is working properly except for the cookiebot not being able to identify all cookies.
I already got feedback that no IPs or the Cookiebot crawler are blocked and that the crawler indeed crawled the website. But still it only found a few necessary and preference cookies, but nothing else.
So especially the marketing cookies are missing in the "details" view of the cookie banner.
What I now found is that the old cookie banner of the page is still in the source code of the page, but doesn't show up on the page anymore. Could it be an issue that the old banner is still in the code?
Is there maybe even another cause for the cookiebot not finding all cookies?
Thanks a lot!
Usually Cookiebot automatically assign cookies into categories if those cookies are already 'familiar' to Cookiebot database or you have added a data-cookieconsent attribute to the cookie script. In case that the cookies are not being automatically assigned to consent categories then you should add them manually to specific categories.
However, this issue could be also caused by wrong GTM implementation, for more information please check the GTM implementation guide: https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003793854-Google-Tag-Manager-deployment
Also I suggest using only one cookie consent method on the website. Please remove the old cookie banner from the source code of the page if it is not in use, because this might cause conflicts. You should implement Cookiebot only once on your website, either via GTM or using the cookiebot scripts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.