About IAB’s CCPA Compliance Framework
IAB CCPA Compliance Framework has three main components to it:
- An agreement that publishers (websites) must inform Californian consumers about their rights at the point of data collection, as well as offering a means of opting out.
- Inform which categories of personal information is being collected
- Request permission for disclosure to third parties of collected personal information
- Allow deletion of collected information
- Include a "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link on their digital properties
How does it work?
You can "ask" the
__uspapi stub for consent information. The stub has three parameters:
__uspapi(Command, Version, Callback)
|version||number||US Privacy spec version|
Here is an example on how to view the content of the
The uspData is a JSON with the following format:
"version" is a number, indicating the US Privacy spec version, currently 1.
"uspString" is a string, built up as follows:
|1st||1||US Privacy spec version|
|2nd||Y / N||Explicit notice / Opportunity to opt out|
|3rd||Y / N||User opted out of sale of personal information|
|4th||Y / N||Publisher is a signatory to the IAB Limited Service Provider Agreement|
For users where CCPA doesn't apply, the string's value will always be "1---".