Cookiebot CMP offers 3 plans:
- Free plan: Limited to 1 domain and fewer than 50 pages, limited functionality.
- Free 30 day Trial: Add up to 10 domains in 1 domain group - the scanner will only scan up to 200 pages, full functionality.
- Premium: full functionality and unlimited amount of domain groups and domains.
When creating domain groups on your reseller account, you can choose the plan for the domain group:
For your retail customers with their own Cookiebot account: All Cookiebot accounts start off on the Free plan, unless you add more than 1 domain or our scanner finds more than 50 pages on your domain. The Free plan will then automatically be converted into a 30-days-Trial account.
Adding payment details to a Free or Trial account will automatically upgrade the account to Premium. All domains added to a Premium account will be invoiced, also domains with fewer than 50 pages. These will be billed as a Small subscription size (fewer than 500 pages).
Why have I been billed for a domain with less than 50 pages?
If you have received an invoice for your own domain, this could be because the domain actually has more than 50 pages (this can be checked under the menu point 'Cookies' on your reseller account, where the number of subpages and the subscription size will appear). Alternatively, you will receive an invoice if the domain has been added to your reseller account in a Premium domain group. You can check the domain groups plan via your domain group overview.
How to get back to a Free plan:
If your domain has 50 subpages or fewer and you would like to move it from a paid subscription to a free subscription with limited functionality, you can do the following:
- Create a domain group and choose 'Free plan'.
- Add your domain to the 'Free plan' domain group.
- Save any data, configuration, reports etc. you may need from the premium domain group. All this data will be lost when you complete step 4 and cannot be recovered.
- Then, delete the domain from the original domain group by clicking the grey arrow icon with a cross next to the domain (alternatively delete the entire domain group if you do not have any other domains in that group).
- Make sure to update the script(s) on your website - the CBID is unique for each domain group. The scripts are available from the 'Your scripts' tab under 'Settings' on the new domain group.
Please note that when deleting domains from your account, a final billing might be generated if deleted mid payment term. This is due to the fact that payments happen in arrears. The invoice line will clearly state "(final billing)" and this will be the last invoice you receive for the domain or account. If you feel this was based on a misunderstanding, do reach out to our support team via the support form and attach the invoice.
For more information on how to create domain groups, please see point 2 here: What are domain groups and how should I use them?
For more information about the differences between a free and a premium subscription, please see: Is the ‘Free subscription’ GDPR compliant?
Please sign in to leave a comment.