If you have received an invoice for your own domain, this could be because the domain actually has more than 100 pages (this can be checked under the menu point 'Cookies' on your reseller account where the number of subpages and the subscription size will appear if your domain has more than 100 subpages. Please note that during a free trial this information will not (yet) be visible). Alternatively, you will receive an invoice if the domain has not been added to your reseller account as a free subscription with limited functionality.
Please note: If you had a free subscription before you became a reseller, adding the payment information to your account (a technical requirement for us to be able to upgrade your account to a reseller account) will result in your domain becoming a Premium Small subscription with full functionality instead of a free subscription.
If your domain has 100 subpages or less and you would like to move it from a paid subscription to a free subscription with limited functionality, you can do the following:
1. Create a domain group and choose 'Free plan'.
2. Add your domain to the 'Free plan' domain group.
3. Save any data, configuration, reports etc. you may need from the premium domain group. All this data will be lost when you complete step 4 and cannot be recovered.
4. Then, delete the domain from the original domain group by clicking the grey arrow icon with a cross next to the domain (alternatively delete the entire domain group if you do not have any other domains in that group).
5. Make sure to update the script(s) on your website - the 'cbid' number is unique for each domain group. The scripts are available from the 'Your scripts' tab under 'Settings' on the new domain group.
Please note that deleting the domain from the paid premium domain group will result in a final payment being made and an invoice will be issued. If you feel this was based on a misunderstanding, do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach or forward the invoice.
For more information on how to create domain groups, please see point 2 here: Reseller introduction: What are domain groups and how should I use them?
For more information about the differences between a free and a premium subscription, please see: Is the ‘Free subscription’ GDPR compliant? If yes, what is the difference between the free subscription and the premium subscription?
Last updated: 9 July 2018