Implementing the banner and cookie-declaration on Squarespace is possible.
For the time being, we are unaware if it is possible to comply with the prior-consent rule of the EU ePrivacy Regulation (ePR), when using Squarespace and Cookiebot. That requires the ability to mark up all tags which are setting other than strictly necessary cookies (or online trackers) on your Squarespace site.
However, if you want to display the banner and cookie-declaration, here is how to do it:
1. Login to Squarespace and push "Settings" on the home page
2. Scroll down and selected "Advanced"
3. Next, select "Code Injection"
3. In the Header area, insert the Cookiebot banner script, which is available in the Manager under Settings -> Your scripts, and finally push save.
4. Open up your website and verify that the banner is displaying
5. If the banner is not displaying, check for any warnings in the Chrome Developer Tools (Push F12 in Chrome)
5.1. If you've recieved the "not a valid domain" error, you need to add your domain name to the Manager, as explained here: Why is the cookie consent banner/dialog not showing on my website?
5.2 For this article we've used a trial account on Squarespace, with the TICKET-KITE.SQUARESPACE.COM domain, and added it to the Manager, so that the domain name is authorized with Cookiebot. We are investigating if TICKET-KITE.SQUARESPACE.COM is a default domain name for trail accounts. If so, we may add it to Cookiebot per default, so you won't have to do this in the future.
6. Now that you've authorized your domain, verify that the banner is displaying correctly.
1. Create a new page
2. Name it Cookie Declaration or whatever you prefer, and push "Start editing"
3. On the new page, click on EDIT
4. Add page content and after a blank page
5. In the page body select a field and add the code module
6. In the code module add the declaration script and save the configuration
7. If this is the first time your website is being scanned by Cookiebot, you will see the following text, otherwise your Cookie Declaration will show.
7. Congratulations, you are finished. Wait until Cookiebot is finished scanning your site, and check the Cookie Declaration page again.